Sunday 23 June 2013

I smell rain.

I sat in my regular 339 bus. She came and sat next to me. I didn't look at her. I normally look outside the window. "Is it raining?" She asked. "No." I said turning to her. "I smell rain." she said. And soon tiny drops started falling on my hand which was kept on the window. "It is raining", she said. And got up her seat. I was amazed. But the beauty of the first rains, I couldn't take my eyes off them. We were stuck in traffic. Bombay is known for its traffic and its rain which I was experiencing both at that moment. Suddenly, I saw that same girl just besides the road. Dancing. Swirling around herself. She was like the happiest person on earth. Her smile was like the beautiful rainbow everyone were looking for. I kept looking at her. The smile on her face made her look so pretty. Her hair was dancing with the wind. She was jumping like a kid in the puddles. Splashing water on herself. It was so wonderful. I was delighted.
And suddenly the bus started. I thought she'll come back, but she was still enjoying. Maybe she didn't see it. But I saw something. A stick in her hand. A peculiar blind man stick. I was shocked. Rains make everyone happy. It has that strength, that power which can make anyone smile.They can bring joy to even a disabled person. Rains are like that.
So, get out there in the rains and rejoice yourself!

1 comment: