Wednesday 26 June 2013

Mujeek.

I was waiting for a rickshaw. My keyboard class was at six. And it was already six. Since it was my first class after the vaccation I wanted to reach as soon as possible. Along with me there was an elderly man of about 75 years old and a teen who I felt had done so much of make up that I thought she must have finished the whole makeup set.We were standing, doing nothing but waiting.Waiting for our Vahaan to come. And suddenly she came with speed, the rickshaw. And as it was quite obvious, it stopped only in front of the girl. I could hear the old man shouting "Mahakali!" However the rickshaw wasn't in our fortune. Since I was going to Mahakali too, I asked the old man whether we could go together. He nodded. And our rickshaw came. The joy on our face was like the joy a child would get after getting a toy which he wanted since ages. We sat. I don't talk much. I just said "I'll leave you" . He smiled. My parents have always tell me to help elders. It feels good. Now either thought he'll be going to TheHomeForTheAged or to TheHolySpiritHospital. I didn't ask him where he wanted to go. He looked like an retried army officer. His posture was straight. TheHomeForTheAged passed, he didn't say anything. There's a junction after that. Right side is my class and left side is the hospital. The old man exclaimed"Right!". He was surely an army officer. I could make out from his kadak voice. Maybe he must be getting down somewhere near the society next to my class. But he didn't. He got down only when we reached my class. I was surprised. Looking at my surprised face he said"I learn keyboard here. I always wanted to learn it but during my time there were no classes. And when I went to Ladak for my post, I couldn't learn it. I always used to listen to the Beatles. I love their music. Music gives me peace of mind. And that's why I come here. I'm sorry but I always like to share this with someone even if they don't ask me."  I was still in a amazed. The spirit of learning, even at that age is commendable. I wonder what I'll do when I become old. But Music certainly has the power. The power to heal someone.The power to make someone smile. The power to stay in hearts of people forever. If you are a musician you certainly are as powerful as Superman.

4 comments:

  1. really nice!
    Did this really happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. But I have seen an elderly person coming at my keyboard class.

      Delete
    2. really nice interpretation you did there. good work. :)

      Delete