Sunday 30 June 2013

Saari.

When she drapes me on her she looks just wonderful. Every woman looks beautiful when she puts me on, along with a bindi, beautiful ear rings and necklesses. Oh how splendid they look! Women and Girls have been wearing me since ages.The first two generations in a family are still wearing it but once in a blue moon will you find a third generation girl wearing it. Nowadays, due to the western influence, people prefer wearing t-shirts, skirts, shorts and what not! Now I am not saying don't wear it. The only time I feel hurt is when they call me down- market. People wear Punjabi Kurtas. But their number is also decreasing and they soon would be extinct, which i'm afraid we soon can get too. I understand it's difficult to walk when you are wearing me. But then that's the challenge and this generation loves to take challenges. How often do you find a women wearing me? (The door opens suddenly) Oh wow she opened the cupboard.Finally! It's her farewell at school, I guess. I got to go. But before leaving, I'd like to say, don't forget us. Whenever you feel you don't look beautiful, whenever you are depressed, I am there, in your cupboard, to help you. Just wear me. Put on a beautiful bindi. Look into the mirror. Smile and get pleased. For I am always there for you and your beauty.

1 comment: