Wednesday 26 June 2013

The Kitaabh.

Oh he opened the door finally! I was so glad to see his face. He had grown tall. Had got some beard on his face. He was certainly looking like a college going guy now. Oh I still remember the nights I spent with him. Those days. He was focused on his studies. I was happy and had a feather on my cap when I heard his results. His sister used me a few years back. She's doing engineering now. They must have forgotten me. But I still remember them. Their tension. Their tears, which fell on me when they weren't able to fulfill the expectations of their parents and themselves in the mock tests.
I don't know why he had opened the door. Maybe because someone else was gonna use me. He started taking me and rest of us out of the cupboard. He first wiped the dust on us. He then arranged us in a pile and tied us. I was sure we were gonna be recycled. Maybe the portion must have been changed this year. I am of no use now. The text in me which every tenth standard guy wanted to mug up and was extremly important to them is now useless. Quite strange.
Time. Everything changes with time. But we must accept the change and move with it, for everything comes with a purpose.
I am sure he'll be a successful man one day. He may not know me then. But I'll meet him one day. Maybe in another form. Or maybe as his son's textbook. A textbook again.

2 comments: